ISO 27001 is becoming ever more important as more businesses use computers and online storage for their business. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) states that organisations must adopt appropriate policies, procedures and processes to protect the personal data they hold. ISO 27001, the international standard for information security, provides an excellent starting point for achieving the technical and operational requirements necessary to reduce the risk of a breach.
There are now thousands of businesses using emails, online shops, digital banking and storing customer details online. ISO 17001 is a certification designed to ensure the safety of information both digitally and within business paperwork. With so many businesses sharing information through the internet it has become a target for hackers and thieves to try and steal this vital information through deceptive measures.
This could be customers personal information, such as bank details, addresses or personal information that these thieves could use to access people bank accounts or information regarding your business that they could use to deceive people or get money from your business.
ISO 27001 will help put your customers at ease and ensure you are following the right legal steps to ensure the safety of both your business and your customers.
IBCN can work with you to implement this certification and ensure that your business meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act of 1998.
What are the benefits of an Information Security Management system?
- Get a competitive edge.
- Demonstrate good corporate governance for public sector tenders.
- Reassure clients of your credibility.
- Reduce security incidents and lead to cost savings.
- Help ensure compliance with relevant laws such as the Data Protection Act 1998.
What we can help you with?
- develop the documentation required
- deploy Information Security training and awareness programmes.
- conduct internal audits of the system and produce an audit report.
- arrange and attend certification with a UKAS Accredited body.
- Provide a Part-time IT Manager (if required)