Forest Stewardship Council
The FSC is an internationally recognised certification that ensures businesses using wooden products are sourcing their materials from sustainable and reliable sources.
The FSC chain-of-custody is recognised globally and has over 4,000 certified organisations that implement the FSC certification within their organisation.
The certification is supported by WWF, Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth and the woodland trust. This is because businesses who implement this strategy within their business are aiming to become more environmentally friendly.
Many businesses who use the FSC also have ISO 14001 implemented within their business as it provides additional environmental benefits.
Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)
PEFC is an independent, non- profit, non-governmental organisation that promotes sustainably managed forests through independent third party certification. Within its membership, there are 32 independent forest certification schemes of which 22 have completed the rigorous assessment process. These 22 schemes account for over 187 million hectares of certified forest producing millions of tonnes of certified timber.
What are the benefits of FSC & PEFC Chain-of-Custody Certification?
- Recognised as an environmentally responsible organisation
- Independent, third-party verification of good practice
- Providing Sales & Marketing opportunities: –
- An increasing number of major clients & designers prefer to buy and promote certified products
- 84% of consumers have a better image of companies that support environmental causes
- The right to use certification logos, both on & off product
What we can help you with?
- Identify Key Control Points
- Assist in developing good operating practices
- Document operating practices and procedures
- Conduct FSC/PEFC Chain-of-Custody awareness training
- Perform auditing of sites and processes
- Assist with the selection of an external certification body
- Act as your representative at Chain-of-Custody system audits
- Keep you up to date with changes
- Provide part-time management support (if required)